Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities


Acts 11: 27 And in these days prophets came from Jerusalem to Antioch. 28 Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and showed by the Spirit that there was going to be a great famine throughout all the world, which also happened in the days of Claudius Caesar. 29 Then the disciples, each according to his ability, determined to send relief to the brethren dwelling in Judea. 30 This they also did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

============

“Please list your KSA’s” was the direction given to me when applying for a job. “KSA’s?” I questioned. “Yes, your knowledge, skills and abilities” she replied. I was willing to do this because a job awaited on the other side of this activity, or at least I hoped.

  • Many times I used my knowledge at work so I could get a paycheck.
  • Many times I used my skills at work so I could get a raise.
  • Many times I used my abilities at work so I could get a promotion and have a bigger paycheck.


Agabus, a prophet, was warned by the HOLY SPIRIT that there would be a terrible famine. Relief was needed in Judea. The disciples became that relief, each according to their abilities.

  • GOD wants me to use my knowledge to bring relief to people.
  • GOD wants me to use my skills to help people in need.
  • GOD wants me to use my abilities to serve people.


Gifts and talents are not to be wasted. From simple skills to complex, GOD wants me to use what HE provided to me to assist others. It’s not always about money. GOD may want me to do something as simple as picking up the trash off of the parking lot of my apartment while praying for my neighbors.

GOD sent me into the world, not to become part of the world, but to bring HIS message of love. When times are difficult, HE wants me to use what HE gave me to help. I am grateful for the purpose HE has given me.

  • Do you have knowledge, skills and abilities that you are only using for work?
  • Do you have gifts and talents you have not used in a while because you work a lot?
  • Will you use what you have learned or your natural talents to help someone in need for GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment