Friday, June 19, 2020

Relieved and Excited


Acts 12: 11 And when Peter had come to himself, he said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the Jewish people.”

12 So, when he had considered this, he came to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose surname was Mark, where many were gathered together praying. 13 And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a girl named Rhoda came to answer. 14 When she recognized Peter’s voice, because of her gladness she did not open the gate, but ran in and announced that Peter stood before the gate. 15 But they said to her, “You are beside yourself!” Yet she kept insisting that it was so. So they said, “It is his angel.”

============

“At least it’s not raining anymore” I said to the other long-faced campers. Moments later, the van rolled back to the campsite with the injured child all bandaged up. They had been gone for hours. I was relieved that the person was alright. I was more relieved to have our leader back. I mean we couldn’t do anything without him and we were bored!

  • When the trial is over, I get relieved.
  • When the trial is over, I get excited.
  • When the trial is over, I want to tell everyone.


Rhoda answered the door, heard Peter’s voice and became so excited that she forgot to open the door. Everyone at the house was mourning the death or Mary’s son, James brother of John. It seemed like the little excitement of seeing the power of the HOLY SPIRIT was lost. But Peter arrived under impossible odds. The excitement grew.

  • GOD wants me to seek HIM in the middle of mourning.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIM in the middle of the trial.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIM in the middle of the pain.


It is not easy to praise GOD when it seems like all is lost. I mean, just when I start living my life for GOD, it seems like more problems occur. GOD knows the persecution will increase when I give my life to HIM. BUT GOD does provide relief and excitement that keeps me going. Some things cannot be fixed, but I put my trust in GOD to use them for HIS good.

  • Are you in mourning?
  • Does it seem like all is lost?
  • Will you understand that it is alright to be in mourning and GOD loves you even though it may be difficult to hear that right now?


Dear LORD, please heal those hurting right now. Bless them with peace that only comes from you. amen




No comments:

Post a Comment