Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Expect Backlash


Acts 12: Now about that time Herod the king stretched out his hand to harass some from the church. Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to seize Peter also. Now it was during the Days of Unleavened Bread. So when he had arrested him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to keep him, intending to bring him before the people after Passover.

============

It felt pretty good to see this person get reprimanded. I mean the lies this guy told were phenomenal. I had enough. I caught this person his lies and told our bosses. They did act on what I told them. Little did I know, one of them was his friend. Life started getting hard for me thereafter.

There were times when I received backlash for doing something I thought was right.
There were times when I received backlash and I did not expect it.
There were times when I received backlash and I did not know how to handle it.

Saying “JESUS is GOD who died and was raised for the sins of mankind” seems harmless. But there was another force at work that wanted this message to be stopped. Herod, a political leader, decided to show his power by killing people who believe in those words. Political church leaders agreed, so Herod went after the biggest threats, namely the disciples.
  • GOD wants me to expect trouble because I believe in JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to know people will question HIS power because they do not know HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE can and will protect me, but I am not to fear speaking about HIM.


Believing in JESUS is somewhat easy in certain areas. I mean, there are places in the world where I can hand out a bible and hear “thank you” as a response. But there are other places where just the mention of JESUS could get me killed.

GOD knows the battle I face is supernatural. The harder part of belief is knowing there is a demonic force that tries to stop me from saying “JESUS is LORD” to everyone I meet. The fear of ridicule over believing in demonic forces may keep me from preaching about the enemy, Satan, who at every turn tries to use misdirection to fool even those who are chosen. I am grateful GOD protects me and opens my eyes to the battle.

  • Are you helping GOD’s kingdom or hurting it with your messages?
  • Are you experiencing backlash for speaking the truth?
  • Will you continue listening to GOD and speaking the truth about JESUS to as many as HE sends you to, expecting backlash for doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment