Thursday, June 25, 2020

Ready to Go


Acts 13: Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away.

============

“LORD, what do YOU want me to do ?” was finally a sincere question I had asked. Up until then, I wanted raises and promotions and new cars. Within a week, the reorg was announced. Days later I was told I would be moving to another state.

  • There were times when I had to get in the right mind to serve.
  • There were times when I had to clear my thoughts in order to hear GOD.
  • There were times when I had to be ready for anything in order to be used by GOD.


As the group gathered in Antioch were fasting and ministering to the LORD, the HOLY SPIRIT called Barnabas and Saul for a special work. The group obeyed so they fasted, prayed, laid hands on them and sent them. Fasting may have taken days but they were ready right away.

  • GOD wants me to be ready to go where HE wants me to go at a moment’s notice.
  • GOD wants me to know that I am sent versus complacent.
  • GOD wants me to prepare for HIS journey when HE calls me to a work.


“Preparation” is the action GOD wants when HE calls. Rather than a fight for complacency, HE wants readiness to touch other lives through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT. GOD is always ready to send harvesters, but knows  the laborers are few.

GOD wants me to sincerely ask “LORD, what do YOU want me to do ?” so HE can decide where and when HE wants me to go and plant HIS seeds. Other people are waiting on my gifts and talents. I am glad GOD includes me in HIS plans.

  • Are you being sent?
  • Does GOD want you to meet new people so you can fast and pray for them?
  • Will you accept GOD’s calling and prepare for where HE is sending you to do HIS work?


No comments:

Post a Comment