Tuesday, June 2, 2020

First Response


First Response
Acts 10: 30 So Cornelius said,  “Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, 31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God. 32 Send therefore to Joppa and call Simon here, whose surname is Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he will speak to you.’ 33 So I sent to you immediately, and you have done well to come. Now therefore, we are all present before God, to hear all the things commanded you by God.”

============

“Gullible” was the label placed on me with laughter. Questions were hurled at me with answers I did not know. I would to proud to say “I don’t know” so I went along with what people said. When I heard the laughter, I decided no one would fool me again. I became suspicious of motive, listening intently for lies.

  • When I was hurt by liars, I became suspicious.
  • When I was embarrassed by pranksters I became jaded to simply listening to anyone.
  • When I was told one thing and watched people do another, I became slow to respond until I found out the “truth.”


Cornelius quieted down, fasted and prayed to GOD. He heard from GOD that his prayers and alms were remembered. His first response was to obey what GOD told him without doubt. Peter did the same. He went to a group of people who did not look nor act like him. Peter was obedient to the point of bridging the gap between races.

  • GOD wants my first response to be that of love.
  • GOD wants my first response to also include seeking people for HIS kingdom.
  • GOD wants my first response to also include faith, compassion, mercy and grace.


It is not easy to have my first response to be focused on GOD. I mean when “that” person says the right thing, my first response is to react, probably in a negative way. BUT GOD gives me a “second” chance. HE wants me to pause for a “second”, think about my response and use my “second” response as my first.

Obedience to GOD grows my faith. I am grateful GOD gives me a second chance.

  • What is your first response when things go wrong or when someone wrongs you?
  • Do you react to people quickly and respond negatively?
  • Will you change your first response to include GOD so HE can use you for HIS amazing plans today?


No comments:

Post a Comment