Friday, June 5, 2020

Overlooked but not held back


Acts 10: 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.

============

Angry, I made it home seething with rage. “How dare they!” I thought to myself over and over. The confrontation had escalated and all I could think about was the altercation. As I sat I heard a clap of thunder. It was pouring rain.

One thing I forgot was I prayed for rain because of the severe drought. It rained on my house and on the houses of those I was angry with. I was too angry to notice the rain.

  • Sometimes I am too angry to see what GOD is doing.
  • Sometimes I am too worried to hear what GOD is saying.
  • Sometimes I am too self-absorbed to do what GOD wants me to do.


Peter spoke about JESUS being the Savior of all mankind. As he spoke about belief in JESUS, the HOLY SPIRIT was poured out on everyone who believed. It did not matter about the race or gender or age, anyone who believed received the gift of salvation.

  • GOD wants me to see HIM in action.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS grace covers more than what I can imagine.
  • GOD wants me to want HIS grace to fall on those I am angry with so HE can grow my heart.


Overlooked is often the action I assign to the HOLY SPIRIT. I mean HE lives inside me and has to put up with my sins. BUT GOD placed HIM there for a reason. The HOLY SPIRIT begs for my forgiveness regularly and comforts me when I feel hurt. GOD wants more than those I would invite. HIS SPIRIT is not held back from anyone who calls on the name of JESUS.

  • Are you angry at someone?
  • Do you feel so much rage that you cannot see what GOD is doing?
  • Will you see GOD is slow to anger because HIS grace is sufficient for you and for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment