Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Agreed to the Plan

Agreed to the Plan

Galatians 2: For by God's power I was made an apostle to the Gentiles, just as Peter was made an apostle to the Jews. James, Peter, and John, who seemed to be the leaders, recognized that God had given me this special task; so they shook hands with Barnabas and me, as a sign that we were all partners. We agreed that Barnabas and I would work among the Gentiles and they among the Jews. 10 All they asked was that we should remember the needy in their group, which is the very thing I have been eager to do.

 

============

 

Overwhelming devastation was all around us. Some houses had an “x” painted on them to show a fatality. Others were dilapidated beyond repair. “How do you even start helping in something like this?” I thought to myself. The hurricane had torn through this particular city and help was needed everywhere.

 

  • I could not do the work by myself.
  • I had to work with others to get something done.
  • I had to agree on what needed to be done first and add my calling from GOD to the plan.

 

GOD carved a niche for Paul to be an apostle to the Gentiles. This was a huge ocean of people who needed to hear the message of salvation just as much as the Jews. But where do you start? Paul and Barnabas started with agreement to the plan with the apostles who were sent to the Jews.


 My Observations

  • GOD wants me to accept HIS calling to seek those HE wants to draw to HIMSELF.
  • GOD wants me to be part of the solution and agree with others who are trying to do the same.
  • GOD wants me to look beyond my capabilities so I will not become overwhelmed.

 

“Remember the needy” was the request from a mature set of leaders to Paul and Barnabas. They may have been burned before by those who got caught up in spreading the message without ever helping people in need. There is a huge ocean of people who are devastated and could use a “cup of water.”

 

GOD wants us all to be messengers of the Gospel of JESUS. HE wants us to tell people about salvation, BUT HE also wants us to serve the needy when we can. Break the bread in half every once in a while and serve someone who is hungry. I am glad GOD owns the ocean of people who are in need and rewards me for giving even “one cup of water” to one person.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think is the “special task” of the writer?
  • Have you ever been in a planning session to discuss what needed to be done?
  • Can you remember a time when you worked together to help out people in need?
  • Will you spread the Gospel of JESUS and help the needy without burning yourself out today?

No comments:

Post a Comment