Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Origin of Hope

Origin of Hope

Galatians 1: 11 Let me tell you, my friends, that the gospel I preach is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any human being, nor did anyone teach it to me. It was Jesus Christ himself who revealed it to me.

 

============

 

Watching what people put their hope in was all I could do. I didn’t have enough money to buy the clothes they adorned themselves with or stuff they had, nor was I stronger or more fit than the next. I thought these were important because the rich and famous were studied, remembered and noted in daily conversations.

 

  • Life seemed hopeless because I did not have what others had.
  • Life seemed unfair because other people had more.
  • Life seemed foggy because I couldn’t see my future getting any “better.”

 

Luke accounts for GOD’s calling on Paul’s life in the book of Acts. Three he mentions how Paul was blinded and heard the voice of GOD. His calling was supernatural and Paul was dedicated from that day forward to only spreading the Gospel of JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • GOD calls all humans to serve HIM.
  • GOD wants me and everyone else to exclaim the name of JESUS as the one and only Savior.
  • GOD loves all HIS creations and has a supernatural calling for those who receive HIM.

 

People may say “yeah, yeah you were called” in a scoffing fashion. If so, then proof is not necessary. GOD’s calling on every human’s life is something that cannot be explained to those who choose not to believe.

 

JESUS is the one and only true Savior who deserves to be mentioned daily over celebrities and famous people. HIS calling is not to be cheapened by labeling it as “strange” or “stubborn.” The Gospel of JESUS does not originate from humans rather GOD HIMSELF. I am grateful JESUS revealed HIMSELF to me.

 

Challenge

  • Does the writer seem to be mentioning something strange or unbelievable?
  • Do you remember when you first believed that JESUS was and is the Savior?
  • Will you consider that HE speaks to people daily through HIS word and true followers who test their actions through HIS word and who are guided by the HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS today so you will receive an abundant life?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment