Friday, February 25, 2022

Promise Kept

Promise Kept

Galatians 3: 13 But by becoming a curse for us Christ has redeemed us from the curse that the Law brings; for the scripture says, “Anyone who is hanged on a tree is under God's curse.” 14 Christ did this in order that the blessing which God promised to Abraham might be given to the Gentiles by means of Christ Jesus, so that through faith we might receive the Spirit promised by God.

 

============

 

Nervousness made me think of wild outcomes. “My life is ruined” I said out loud when I failed a test or when the dean told me my grades were not up to par or when I lost a loved one. I took past wounds and used them to guide my thinking. I wanted to “see evidence” that a mistake would not catch me off guard so that I could “live.”

 

  • Life made me place faith in what I could see.
  • I thought I needed large bank accounts, great insurance and various comforts or pleasures to be categorized as “blessed.”
  • I was blinded by what people called “blessed” and felt GOD did not keep HIS promises.

 

CHRIST gave up everything to save humanity. Paul explains this from the perspective of the Law and from the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT. He explained that GOD made a promise to Abraham to “bless” him because of his faith. This blessing includes a “promise” that all who believe will receive the “SPIRIT.”

 

My Observations

  • Humanity will scoff at the HOLY SPIRIT as my prize.
  • GOD wants me to see beyond this life to understand being with HIM for eternity is the true goal.
  • JESUS died for me and was raised to life, so my faith in HIM gives me purpose which stores up treasure in heaven.

 

Whatever is in the heart will come out in words and actions. I mean, if hatred, rage, jealousy, fear, lust, or pride is in my heart, it will come out of my mouth or I will act on it. While GOD may forgive me, it does not produce fruit for HIM.

 

GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom daily and to turn away from the usual thinking I fall prey to. HE wants me to praise JESUS daily for saving me! When HE gave me the HOLY SPIRIT to live in me, HE wants me to feed HIM with acts of faith daily. I am glad JESUS kept HIS promise so I can received the “promised blessing.”

 

Challenge

  • What is the blessing promised to Abraham?
  • Have you ever doubted GOD because of the definition of “blessing” humans have tried to present?
  • Will you seek GOD’s true blessing and allow HIM to lead you to grow HIS kingdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment