Thursday, February 3, 2022

Leave with Peace

Leave with Peace

2 Corinthians 13: 11 And now, my friends, good-bye! Strive for perfection; listen to my appeals; agree with one another; live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

 

12 Greet one another with the kiss of peace.

 

All of God's people send you their greetings.

 

13 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

 

============

 

As the argument escalated, I stormed out the room and slammed the door. This emotional theatrical outburst did not settle the argument at all. If anything, it ensued more rage on all parts.

 

  • I was seeking to “win” the argument.
  • I was seeking to “win” and someone else to “lose.”
  • I was seeking to be “heard” while missing the opportunity of hearing.

 

Paul sends his farewell. In it, he emphasizes peace. He gives everyone the assurance that GOD is with them so peace can be obtained.

 

My Observations

  • Peace can be a way of life that GOD wants me to strive for.
  • Peace from GOD is something I can bring into opposing views.
  • Peace of assurance is a gift I can give to anyone who needs CHRIST.

 

Leaving people with peace is a goal I did not know existed. I mean, it does not require that I acquiesce or be walked on, rather I look for opportunities to live peacefully together. Avoiding arguments is probably unhealthy and causes bitterness to fester.

 

GOD wants me to see that peace is a way of life and wants any bitter root to be given to HIM. HE also wants me to talk things out with one another so an “agreement” can happen. I can also provide assurance to those who are nervous, letting him or her know that JESUS provided grace, the HEAVENLY FATHER love and the HOLY SPIRIT fellowship. I am glad GOD gives me peace that many cannot understand.

 

Challenge

  • Does peace jump out at you when reading this passage?
  • Why do you think the writer emphasizes peace so much?
  • What situations can you think of where you can diffuse the argument with peace?
  • Will you accept the goal of living in assurance of the grace of JESUS, the love of GOD and the fellowship of the HOLY SPIRIT so you can give peace to many as a gift today?

No comments:

Post a Comment