Monday, February 28, 2022

Depend on the Promises

Depend on the Promises

Galatians 3: 15 My friends, I am going to use an everyday example: when two people agree on a matter and sign an agreement, no one can break it or add anything to it. 16 Now, God made his promises to Abraham and to his descendant. The scripture does not use the plural “descendants,” meaning many people, but the singular “descendant,” meaning one person only, namely, Christ. 17 What I mean is that God made a covenant with Abraham and promised to keep it. The Law, which was given four hundred and thirty years later, cannot break that covenant and cancel God's promise. 18 For if God's gift depends on the Law, then it no longer depends on his promise. However, it was because of his promise that God gave that gift to Abraham.

 

============

 

“I will” are powerful words from GOD.  When HE makes a promise to humanity, HE has already done what HE said HE will do. Since I am stuck in time, I can only see what HE has already done in my life and what was written down in others. I cannot see the future.

 

  • I have to have faith to believe in GOD’s promises
  • I need to know what GOD’s promises are to believe them.
  • Once I know what HIS promises are, I should live my life according them already happening.

 

GOD made promises to Abraham and JESUS before the Law was given to Moses. Paul explains something that is often overlooked. We try to live by “the Law” and forget about the “Promise” GOD made to Abraham before the Law was written. The primary promise is that JESUS would save the world and be “the blessing” everyone needs.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s promises to me have never been broken.
  • My insecurities or lack of faith cannot affect GOD’s promises for me.
  • Nothing can stop GOD’s love for me because HE promised to do so through JESUS.

 

Insecurity blinds to GOD’s promises. I mean, when GOD says “I will never leave you or forsake you” I have to believe this is a statement that has already take place. HE has never left me nor forsaken me for the entirety of my life.

 

To believe in GOD’s promises takes faith. I have to stop trying to figure out everything and let go of requiring evidence and “signs” daily. GOD said “I love you” and HIS promise should be enough. I gladly depend on HIS promise to “make my paths straight.”

 

Challenge

  • What is GOD’s promise in this passage?
  • Have you ever doubted GOD’s promises for you?
  • Why do you think the writer is trying so hard to take the focus off “the Law” and place it on JESUS?
  • Will you seek to know what GOD’s promises are for you so you can live an abundant life for HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment