Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Fearless

Fearless

Galatians 3: 19 What, then, was the purpose of the Law? It was added in order to show what wrongdoing is, and it was meant to last until the coming of Abraham's descendant, to whom the promise was made. The Law was handed down by angels, with a man acting as a go-between. 20 But a go-between is not needed when only one person is involved; and God is one.

 

============

 

Fearing the answer would be “No” I asked a sibling to “Ask mom and dad to let me go to the party.” “No way!” was the quick reply, not wanting to get caught up in the possible conflict. I tried this approach with difficult teachers, seeking the teacher’s pet as my advocate. I then tried the approach on jobs, wanting someone else to be the “go-between.”

 

  • I feared I would get the words wrong.
  • I needed an excuse, so if things did not go well for me I could blame the “go-between.”
  • I was acting immature and wanted someone else to speak on my behalf so “I” could get what I wanted.

 

Paul continues to speak to those who believe the Law could save them. He explained that it was put in place temporarily until CHRIST became a human to fulfill GOD’s promise. Only the high priest could speak to GOD and a sacrifice was needed to atone for sin. This was no longer needed.

 

My Observations

  • When JESUS rose from the dead after being murdered, I was able to go directly to the FATHR and ask for forgiveness.
  • When JESUS became the sacrifice for all my sins, I no longer needed to ask someone else to speak to GOD on my behalf.
  • When JESUS ascended to Heaven, HE sent the COMFORTER to live inside me and now I have the HOLY SPIRIT as my advocate.

 

Fear makes me want to follow “The Law.” I mean, when I want my way, I follow “The Law” harder, hoping that GOD would see how “good” I am acting. BUT GOD sees through this temporary activity. HE sees my heart and knows I would leave HIM as soon as I get my way.

 

GOD wanted something permanent. JESUS volunteered to become the blame for my sins. I no longer have to fear if I upset GOD in some sinful way, because the answer is “Yes!” But that’s not all to the answer. HE also says “But I forgive you because you believe in MY SON.” I am glad I can walk without fear that GOD has left me, because JESUS loves me daily.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer trying to say about a “go-between?”
  • Have you ever felt insecure so you wanted someone else to speak on your behalf?
  • Will you get over your fears by confessing your sins directly to GOD by believing you need a Savior, namely JESUS who will give you the HOLY SPIRIT as your advocate today?

No comments:

Post a Comment