Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Freed Woman

Freed Woman

Galatians 4: 28 Now, you, my friends, are God's children as a result of his promise, just as Isaac was. 29 At that time the son who was born in the usual way persecuted the one who was born because of God's Spirit; and it is the same now. 30 But what does the scripture say? It says, “Send the slave woman and her son away; for the son of the slave woman will not have a part of the father's property along with the son of the free woman.” 31 So then, my friends, we are not the children of a slave woman but of a free woman.

 

============

 

Hearing “GOD loves you” or “Trust in the LORD” got on my nerves. My mother and grandmothers were trying their best to impress something special on me but I wasn’t hearing it.

 

  • I wanted to do what “I” wanted to do.
  • I wanted to rebel and show everyone that I did not need GOD.
  • I wanted to just be angry and full of rage.

 

GOD’s amazing promise was explained by Paul. Through two women, Hagar and Sarah, two covenants were displayed. One covenant was laced with mistrust, rules and disobedience, the other with belief, grace and freedom. Those who choose to believe will be freed.

 

My Observations

  • Freedom is mine to choose.
  • Accepting the fact that GOD owns everything frees me because I am in HIS family.
  • Believing in JESUS is what set me free.

 

GOD chose some women to perform HIS amazing promise. HE redeemed mankind through a miraculous birth. HE grew up and raised women up from oppression so they too could be filled with HIS SPIRIT.

 

When the women were freed, there was no malice in them. They spoke about JESUS with excitement and fear. Many people believed because of their testimonies. I am glad I have had many women in my life who stood firm to the belief in JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What does it mean to be a child of GOD according to this passage?
  • Have you ever devalued what a woman said?
  • Will you ask GOD to look at the heart as HE does and see people as HE sees them so you can be added to HIS family and given freedom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment