Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Get Help. Give Help.

 

Get Help. Give Help.

Galatians 6:Help carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will obey the law of Christ. 

 

============

 

Feeling overwhelmed, I just sat there with a lost look on my face. I must have looked lost because someone came over and asked, “Do you need help?” Not knowing where to turn, I replied, “Yes, thank you.”

 

  • I needed help.
  • I had huge burdens that I was carrying alone.
  • I felt I could not help someone else at that time.
  • I remembered being helped, so then I could help others when I faced trials.

 

“Love one another” were the words of JESUS to help people stop trying to achieve GOD versus behaving as HE wanted. This message was further explained through Paul, urging everyone to carry one another’s burdens.

 

My Observations

  • Sometimes GOD wants me to get help from other people.
  • Sometimes GOD wants me to give help to other people.
  • GOD wants me to pray for and with other people to share our burdens.

 

Pride gets in the way of asking for help. I mean, if I asked for help again and again, it seems like I am the problem or I cannot seem to do for myself. This is far from the truth and the enemy wants me to not ask.

 

BUT GOD wants me to share my burdens to get help. HE also expects me to share “in” another person’s burden. I may not be able to fix the situation, or provide the need, but I can share the burden and pray for deliverance. I am grateful GOD puts many people in my life who can share my burdens.

 

Challenge

  • When you read this passage, do you feel you need to help or get help?
  • If you feel overwhelmed, will you continue to ask GOD for help?
  • Will you share in one another’s burdens today and pray for many who need help?

No comments:

Post a Comment