Thursday, March 17, 2022

What Matters

What Matters

Galatians 5: Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you allow yourselves to be circumcised, it means that Christ is of no use to you at all. Once more I warn any man who allows himself to be circumcised that he is obliged to obey the whole Law. Those of you who try to be put right with God by obeying the Law have cut yourselves off from Christ. You are outside God's grace. As for us, our hope is that God will put us right with him; and this is what we wait for by the power of God's Spirit working through our faith. For when we are in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor the lack of it makes any difference at all; what matters is faith that works through love.

 

============

 

One more thing went wrong that day. “LORD, what!?” was my frustrated cry. “Aren’t I doing enough? I’m trying to live right and it seems like those who easily do wrong are getting ahead in life!”  When I calmed down, the situation remained the same but I could quiet down to listen to GOD.

 

  • I thought I could live right to make everything go “”my” way.
  • I was doing “good” for me versus serving GOD.
  • I wanted something from the “deal” with GOD instead of simply living as HE wants.

 

Paul urges the Gentiles not to half-follow the Law by picking and choosing certain parts in efforts to feel closer to GOD. He warns everyone that by trying to depend on the Law to measure how “good” one can be brings judgment of the whole Law rather than freedom.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to see that HIS grace is what saved me.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that there is nothing in me that is worthy of HIS grace.
  • GOD wants me to accept HIS wonderful gift, which is HIS only SON.

 

When things go wrong, the HOLY SPIRIT is there to pick me up. I mean, because I believe that JESUS died to save me eternally, HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me and anyone else who believes. Comfort, guidance, discernment and peace is what is given to all who believe.

 

Unfortunately there is a war inside me that tries to take over the situation, causing me to doubt GOD’s true love. I think “I” have to do something rather than simply having faith in HIS ways. I am glad JESUS forgives me for those weak moments and restores my faith in HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think was going on with this group of people?
  • What does it mean to be “put right” with GOD?
  • Will you seek unity with CHRIST through faith versus trying to be “good” enough to please GOD who is already pleased with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment