Friday, March 4, 2022

New Clothes

New Clothes

Galatians 3: 26 It is through faith that all of you are God's children in union with Christ Jesus. 27 You were baptized into union with Christ, and now you are clothed, so to speak, with the life of Christ himself. 28 So there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles, between slaves and free people, between men and women; you are all one in union with Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are the descendants of Abraham and will receive what God has promised.

 

============

 

Tattered clothes made me feel ashamed  to be in public. Ridicule from other children made me self-conscious about my garments and I began to second guess my abilities. “What do I have to offer if I don’t fit in?” I thought from my insecurities.

 

  • I was insecure.
  • I was self-conscious about my outward appearance.
  • I was busy looking on the outside of me and I did not like what I saw.

 

Paul concludes his explanation of the temporary use of “The Law.” He mentions that “It is through faith” that we are GOD’s children. Baptism by the HOLY SPIRIT brought all who believed in JESUS as the Savior, into union with CHRIST. Now the promise of being a descendant of Abraham is available to those who believe.

 

My Observations

  • I can be secure in this life when I put my trust in JESUS.
  • Sin soiled and tore my godly clothes.
  • GOD gave me new clothes that are not made with human hands, rather of the SPIRIT.

 

Being adopted into the family of GOD has its benefits. I mean, now I am in union with CHRIST and I can be confident that the Creator wants me to have everything in HIS kingdom. Unfortunately my insecurities blind me to focus on the world and I overlook GOD’s kingdom.

 

I fall into the trap of trying to wear clothes made from humans and I adorn myself in businesses, jobs, titles, political affiliations, social groups and social pressures. These clothes get old quickly, BUT GOD’s clothes never stain or tear. I gladly wear the life of JESUS as a garment I am not ashamed to wear.

 

Challenge

  • What does the passage say about equality?
  • How does this passage address insecurity?
  • Will you accept the security of GOD for this life and the next by believing in JESUS as your Savior so you can put on HIS new clothes of purpose and freedom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment