Monday, March 28, 2022

Gently Restore

 

Gently Restore

Galatians 6:1 My friends, if someone is caught in any kind of wrongdoing, those of you who are spiritual should set him right; but you must do it in a gentle way. And keep an eye on yourselves, so that you will not be tempted, too.

 

============

 

Mistakes could be seen a mile away. But my approach to correcting the mistake was harsh and direct. I would tell what he or she did wrong without thought of how embarrassing or  debilitating it could be.

 

  • I was not gentle.
  • I only wanted correction.
  • I did not factor in how to restore.

 

Paul mentions the approach of putting people back on the right track after a wrongdoing. He first calls on those who believes in JESUS as the Savior to approach the person about the wrongdoing. He then suggests a gentle approach and finally he warns everyone that they are not infallible of falling.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS restored me by dying for my sins.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT gives me discernment to see how to follow JESUS in love.
  • The FATHER expects me to seek restoration of others so they too can follow JESUS in love.

 

Everyone makes mistakes, says something wrong or disappoints one another. BUT GOD is not looking for us to be the mistake Mounties, rather the restoration rangers. Correction without restoration comes across as being high and mighty. I know this from experience.

 

I may mean well, but may be missing another side, namely GOD’s restoration. GOD wants me to gently restore people because HE wants to be gentle with me. Any mistake a human can do is also within me. I am grateful GOD is merciful to me and wants HIS mercy for everyone.

 

Challenge

  • What are the suggestions from the writer?
  • Is it easy to see what others are doing wrong?
  • What does restoring a person to follow JESUS look like to you?
  • Do you have any blind spots that you should be careful of when guiding a person back to GOD’s restoration, that you should be aware of and may fall into?

No comments:

Post a Comment