Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Gift of the Broken Curse

Gift of the Broken Curse

Galatians 3: 21 Does this mean that the Law is against God's promises? No, not at all! For if human beings had received a law that could bring life, then everyone could be put right with God by obeying it. 22 But the scripture says that the whole world is under the power of sin; and so the gift which is promised on the basis of faith in Jesus Christ is given to those who believe.

 

============

 

Trying to remain dry, we stood under a rare covering at the bus stop. It was raining hard and we still had a long way to get home. My face brightened up as I saw movement of one of the busses. The bus driver ran through a puddle, splashing a wave that thoroughly soaked us. We were all wet.

 

  • I was thoroughly soaked and felt miserable.
  • I had nothing that could make me dry at that moment.
  • I was not the cause of being wet, but I was still wet.

 

Humans face a serious dilemma. We are all cursed under the power of sin. Paul explains that the Law cannot release us from the curse, which is death. He does provide some Good News. There is a way to break the curse.

 

My Observations

  • Sin once caused me to lose hope, BUT JESUS died for me and gave it back..
  • I was wet with sin from head to toes, BUT GOD dried my tears and made me whole.
  • It seemed like circumstances would get the best of me, BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT brought me comfort through difficult times.

 

Hopelessness is part of the curse of sin. I mean, when all seems lost and there is no way out, many turn to death as a solution. BUT JESUS is life. HE guides me and everyone else who believes in HIM, to a life of purpose.

 

HE saw my hopelessness that I did not cause, and died for me to save me. HE understands every temptation I can face and has the mercy to accept my confession. HE then pours out grace on me as a gift and I can breathe a sigh of relief that I am forgiven eternally. I am truly grateful for GOD’s wonderful gift.

 

Challenge

  • Can you see good news in this passage?
  • What does the writer say about “promises” and the “gift?”
  • Are you weary trying to get yourself out of the current circumstance?
  • Will you receive the gift of life that only CHRIST can provide by believing you need a Savior to guide you in this life and the next today?

No comments:

Post a Comment