Monday, March 7, 2022

Ready for the Right Time

Ready for the Right Time

Galatians 4: But now to continue—the son who will receive his father's property is treated just like a slave while he is young, even though he really owns everything. While he is young, there are men who take care of him and manage his affairs until the time set by his father. In the same way, we too were slaves of the ruling spirits of the universe before we reached spiritual maturity. But when the right time finally came, God sent his own Son. He came as the son of a human mother and lived under the Jewish Law, to redeem those who were under the Law, so that we might become God's children.

 

============

 

Not being able to drive, or stay at home by myself for days at a time was frustrating. “When will I ever become an adult!?” I said. “Take your time” were the words of wisdom many adults said to me, but I did not want to hear them.

 

  • I wanted to take on responsibilities without knowing how to be responsible.
  • I wanted to reach the finish line without running the race.
  • I wanted to control “my” destiny without knowing the destination.

 

 

Paul speaks about becoming spiritually mature. At one point we were driven by the spirits of the universe that cause us to question GOD and tempt us into making decisions that would distance ourselves from HIM. BUT GOD was taking care of HIS immature flock until the right time.

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees my immaturity and takes care of me anyway.
  • Many times I wanted to be spiritually mature, BUT GOD says to me “have patience.”
  • GOD’s timing seems slow until I see HIS plan unfold at the right time.

 

Thinking I know the “right time” for my own maturity is a joke. I mean, it would be like a toddler saying “I declare myself an adult, please change my diaper and feed me.” GOD knows my spiritual maturity level and wants me to grow. HE puts my in situations that I don’t like, but when I come through them I feel more mature.

 

With GOD, it’s not about age but action. When I was a child I believed quicker and more wholeheartedly. That was very mature. I am glad GOD brings me back into HIS family as one of HIS children.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about “spiritual maturity?”
  • Who, in this passage, decided the “right time” to save all of humanity?
  • Do you desire to be grown up in the LORD?
  • Will you have patience and allow GOD to grow you at the right time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment