Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Stand as Free

Stand as Free

Galatians 5:1 Freedom is what we have—Christ has set us free! Stand, then, as free people, and do not allow yourselves to become slaves again.

 

============

 

When things were going well, I found myself in the same pattern. I did not pray as much, nor did I mind sinning as much. But when trouble came, I was fervent in prayer and I tried to walk straight.

 

  • I was trying to control my life.
  • I was not sure if GOD was really on my side.
  • I thought I could manipulate GOD by “doing” more.

 

Church leaders were prescribing more to “do” but Paul was sent by JESUS to give everyone rest. Freedom is something that CHRIST has provided for all who believe in a Savior. No longer do we need to show GOD we are wrong by doing the Law.

 

My Observations

  • Peace is a gift GOD wants me to have, so I accept it.
  • Joy is part of the fruit of the SPIRIT, so I embrace it.
  • Rest is the place GOD wants to take me to, so I can start now.

 

Attempting to fulfill all of the Law proved impossible for all humans except one. JESUS knew how to navigate life without committing one single sin. HIS creation was busy trying to get others to not believe in HIM but to follow their preaching and remain blind.

 

Weak leaders want to be the solution and to grow a following. BUT GOD wants all of us to point to HIM and depend on HIS mercy and grace. Sin no longer has control over the situation. Whether I sin or not GOD’s power prevails. I am glad HIS decisions of love for me are not based on my actions but through faith.

 

Challenge

  • What does freedom look like to you?
  • Can you be free, yet choose to be a slave to GOD?
  • Will you stop trying so hard to please GOD and seek HIS kingdom by spreading the Good News of forgiveness, love and mercy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment