Friday, March 11, 2022

Participate Anyway

Participate Anyway

Galatians 4:17 Those other people show a deep interest in you, but their intentions are not good. All they want is to separate you from me, so that you will have the same interest in them as they have in you. 18 Now, it is good to have such a deep interest if the purpose is good—this is true always, and not merely when I am with you. 19 My dear children! Once again, just like a mother in childbirth, I feel the same kind of pain for you until Christ's nature is formed in you. 20 How I wish I were with you now, so that I could take a different attitude toward you. I am so worried about you!

 

============

 

After a long day I sat on the bus headed home. Traffic was thick so we creeped down the street. I looked out the window and saw people from my school taking an alternate route since the main one was filled. I could also see thugs waiting to rob them.

 

  • I felt there was nothing I could do.
  • I felt bad for the those who were about to be victimized.
  • I felt angry at those who were trying to take advantage of others for their own gain.

 

Paul expresses his deep concern for those who have turned away from the saving message of JESUS to follow other messages that provided temporary hope. Thieves desiring attention were busy trying to steal love versus living it. All Paul could do is be concerned from a distance. It seemed hopeless.

 

My Observations

  • When I see someone being wronged, I can ask GOD to intercede.
  • GOD lets me know that prayer is more powerful than thieves, even though it doesn’t feel that way in the moment.
  • Vengeance is for the LORD so my participation is for all people involved to receive HIS mercy.

 

It is painful to watch someone try to steal people’s hearts. I mean, those who are hurt try their best to keep other people hurt because misery loves company. BUT GOD holds the key to that situation.

 

It takes faith to let go of the obvious trap you can see someone walking into. GOD sees the heart of those who are being victimized and those who are being predators. HE hears your prayers even though you may have to participate from a distance. I am glad GOD intervenes and intercedes for those HE is bringing back to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What “other people” is the writer speaking about?
  • Can you feel the writers pain and passion for everyone he spoke the gospel to?
  • If you see someone intentionally trying to hurt someone and you are not able to directly intervene, will you participate anyway by asking GOD for HIS protection and mercy?

No comments:

Post a Comment