Friday, March 18, 2022

Confident About You

Confident About You

Galatians 5: You were doing so well! Who made you stop obeying the truth? How did he persuade you? It was not done by God, who calls you. “It takes only a little yeast to make the whole batch of dough rise,” as they say. 10 But I still feel confident about you. Our life in union with the Lord makes me confident that you will not take a different view and that whoever is upsetting you will be punished by God.

 

============

 

After running over some glass, my car developed a slow leak in one of the tires. I could still drive as I pleased, but I was not confident I could go on a trip that was too far from a place to refill the tire. This little pinhole changed my trips for a while until I saved up to get it fixed.

 

  • Something tiny changed my thinking.
  • One little thing made a big difference in my life.
  • A tiny problem added to my sorrow.

 

Paul questions everyone about how easily they could be persuaded to stop believing in JESUS as the truth. One person may have preached a message that countered the truth about JESUS being the one and only Savior. He may have even gone so far as to raise questions about the need to be saved. But Paul remained confident for a reason.

 

My Observations

  • Little sins can cause me to feel unconfident in GOD’s power for me.
  • My sins cannot stop GOD’s love for me.
  • My confidence comes from being in union with CHRIST.

 

“But I still feel confident about you” are true words of surrender to GOD’s power. I mean, when I see someone struggling in life due to a lack of a relationship with JESUS, I want to jump in and convince him or her to choose HIS power. It does not always work that way, so I feel helpless.

 

GOD wants me to be confident in HIM that HE will draw everyone who belongs to JESUS back to HIM because of their belief. HE chose us before the foundations of the world and is in complete control. I am glad I can let go of situations and remain confident in the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT in my life and many others.

 

Challenge

  • What is the concern being raised from the writer?
  • Has there ever been a time when you received conflicting information regarding salvation?
  • Will you remain confident that JESUS saved you for all eternity and is not mad at you rather is quite pleased with you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment