Thursday, March 10, 2022

Message Received

Message Received

Galatians 4: 12 I beg you, my friends, be like me. After all, I am like you. You have not done me any wrong. 13 You remember why I preached the gospel to you the first time; it was because I was sick. 14 But even though my physical condition was a great trial to you, you did not despise or reject me. Instead, you received me as you would an angel from heaven; you received me as you would Christ Jesus. 15 You were so happy! What has happened? I myself can say that you would have taken out your own eyes, if you could, and given them to me. 16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

 

============

 

Communication was getting messy. I would say something but the other person would hear it differently than what was in my heart. Somehow the message that I sent was not the message that was received.

 

  • I felt like giving up on communicating.
  • I felt like my words would be twisted no matter what was said.
  • I felt a strong concern for those I sent a message to.

 

At one point the people of Galatia could hear the words of CHRIST through Paul. But over time, they turned away from the message and started following those who spoke of the latest trend. Paul begs for them to return to their first love, namely CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • It is understandable to want out of my trials so GOD is patient with me.
  • I have a tendency to want plans to go “my” way so GOD speaks softly to me until I hear HIM.
  • Even in the middle of my pain, suffering or agony GOD can be my purpose.

 

No one likes to suffer so when someone speaks about relief, it is instantly accepted by the masses. “Just take one of these” or “Simply do this and your problems will clear up” are the fallacies the world wants me to believe. BUT GOD says something different.

 

In the middle of my pain, GOD wants me to say “JESUS is LORD of my life, the rock of my salvation, whom shall I fear.” HE knows Satan introduces me to strange personalities named “Fear of my future” and “I don’t want to be sick” and “Be comfortable at all costs.”  All are okay when they include CHRIST as the provider, but sometimes I leave HIM and follow them. I am glad GOD reminds me HE is in control.

 

Challenge

  • Do you hear the appeal from the writer?
  • What is the writer trying to get everyone to do?
  • Will you look beyond your fears, worries and doubts and turn back to CHRIST as the only answer today?

No comments:

Post a Comment