Tuesday, March 8, 2022

You are MINE

 

You are MINE

Galatians 4: To show that you are his children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who cries out, “Father, my Father.” So then, you are no longer a slave but a child. And since you are his child, God will give you all that he has for his children.

 

============

 

“Come on in” were the words I heard throughout the neighborhood. I sat at several tables for meals and played games over their houses. They invited me in as if to say “You are part of the family.”

 

  • I had nothing to offer.
  • I could only receive gifts and had none to give.
  • I felt a sense of belonging.

 

Paul speaks about how intimate THE FATHER wants to be with HIS creation. This passage also speaks about THE SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT working together to provide a family for the lost and weary.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to have everything HE has so HE rescued me from my sin.
  • GOD wants to give me HIS all so HE died for me and was raised from the dead.
  • GOD wants the best for me so HE lives inside me to plead for me, comfort me and guide me.

 

“You are MY child” is something special GOD says to all who believe in HIS SON. Giving up everything for us is quite enough. Unfortunately we have an adversary who wants us to want more. He blinds us to want material wealth or political or social power.

 

GOD says “You are MINE” in spite of my sin and forgive me for my disrespectful behavior towards HIM. HE even takes me into HIS family and dines with me. JESUS said “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with ME.” I am grateful GOD brings us into HIS family forever.

 

Challenge

  • What elements of assurance does the writer speak about?
  • Have you ever had a part of you that you wish you could do better in, but simply could not?
  • Will you stop trying the exhaustive path of temporary happiness and seek GOD’s family where HE will give you everything HE has today?

No comments:

Post a Comment