Thursday, March 3, 2022

Time for Faith

Time for Faith

Galatians 3: 23 But before the time for faith came, the Law kept us all locked up as prisoners until this coming faith should be revealed. 24 And so the Law was in charge of us until Christ came, in order that we might then be put right with God through faith. 25 Now that the time for faith is here, the Law is no longer in charge of us.

 

============

 

Tired of things going wrong in my life, I felt like giving up, but where was I to turn? Bars and hanging out had lost its luster. “There has got to be something more to life than this!” I said to myself. As I walked into my apartment building, a neighbor said “What church do you go to?” “Here we go again with that question” I thought. But I could not stop thinking about it.

 

  • I had no place to put my hope.
  • I had turned away from GOD and labeled everyone a hypocrite.
  • I had tried to do things under my own power and sometimes it worked, but I still had troubles.

 

Paul gives everyone a short history lesson. Before JESUS was born as a human to die for our sins, the Law was given to govern the relationship with GOD. The Law was like giving a toddler a lit match with a choice to light an explosive or a candle. Rules made out of explosives were used to guide everyone to the candle. People failed at following the Law.

 

My Observations

  • When I see myself falling into the trap of hopelessness, GOD wants me to have faith.
  • When I am in a situation that seems like there is no way out, GOD wants me to see HIM as the answer.
  • When I fail, fall down, or fall apart, GOD wants me to believe in JESUS as my Savior in this life and the next.

 

Seasons come and go. Sometimes high, sometimes low. BUT GOD wants me to be stable so I can face the highs and lows with confidence that I am not alone. JESUS changed everything. HE put all of humanity right with GOD as long as faith in HIM is placed above everything.

 

JESUS wants me to know it is time for me to place my faith in HIS way and let go of trying to be perfect as the Law says I should be. I am glad I am released from the Law so I can have hope in the middle of my failures.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer speak about different periods of time?
  • Have you ever become exhausted by trying hard to “please” GOD?
  • Will you accept HIS perfect gift for you and believe JESUS cares about your life on earth and eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment