Friday, March 25, 2022

Good Fruit

Good Fruit

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

 

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

 

============

 

Continuing on my thought of going to college, bearing the fruit of human nature and getting kicked out, I felt lost, let down and angry. I started thinking of excuses like “Nice guys finish last” and “They are simply trying to control people into being slaves.” I began searching for racial freedom and other forms of freedom, but I remained thirsty. Tired of “my” efforts I asked “What do YOU want from me?”

 

  • I was losing hope but ready to hear GOD.
  • I was always angry or frustrated but was now ready to surrender to GOD.
  • I felt like people were letting “me” down but realized “I” could be part of the solution with GOD.

 

“But the fruit of the SPIRIT” are words that provide hope to everyone Paul wrote to. It takes pressure off of trying to be perfect by performing the Law correctly. One singular fruit is produced by nine wonderful actions.

 

My Observations

  • Good fruit gives me rest assurance that GOD loves me dearly.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT is responsible for guiding me to bear good fruit.
  • I can rest well when I put aside my human nature and follow what the HOLY SPIRIT says.

 

Keeping “in step with the SPIRIT” is hard but doable. I mean, when I want things to go “my” way I usually want to speed the process up. When it does not happen as quickly as I would like, I lose patience and bear bad fruit.

 

BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT steps in and says, “Use patience” when I want to go fast or “Use joy” when I want to be happy but things are going wrong. All nine actions bear a single fruit which draws people back to GOD. I am grateful GOD gave me an alternative to “my” actions.

 

Challenge

  • What part of the fruit could you use today?
  • Do you have a problem with this list if people showed these actions towards you?
  • Will you slow down and show these actions towards others without thinking you will get something in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment