Thursday, February 24, 2022

Rest From Perfection

Rest From Perfection

Galatians 3: 10 Those who depend on obeying the Law live under a curse. For the scripture says, “Whoever does not always obey everything that is written in the book of the Law is under God's curse!” 11 Now, it is clear that no one is put right with God by means of the Law, because the scripture says, “Only the person who is put right with God through faith shall live.” 12 But the Law has nothing to do with faith. Instead, as the scripture says, “Whoever does everything the Law requires will live.”

 

============

 

Holding it together was becoming a task. My junk car had seen better days. I had to drive it perfectly for it to work. It wouldn’t always start, so I kept tools in the car, just in case. I also kept jumper cables in case the battery died. I had extra engine coolant because the radiator leaked and cans of oil and transmission fluid for the same reason. If one thing went wrong, the car would not work.

 

  • I spent most of my time trying to be perfect when it was a losing battle.
  • I felt hopeless because I could not afford to get out of my precarious situation.
  • I needed something new that was dependable and reliable.

 

Obeying “The Law” was not the problem rather depending on it for salvation. Paul clarifies this by using “The Law” to prove how impossible it was to be saved. If one law was broken, then all laws were broken. Picking and choosing favorite scriptures was not an option.

 

My Observations

  • When I am exhausted I need to examine if I am trying to live perfect instead of believing I am forgiven.
  • GOD took care of all my sins, needs and desires, all I have to do is have faith in HIS plan for me.
  • Thinking I, or others, can be perfect is the problem GOD wants me to let go of so I can have rest.

 

Sin is a nasty, sticky opponent that is relentless. I mean, when I think I have one area of my life under control, another situation I never would have expected pops up. I find myself in new sins I never would have dreamed of. When I focus on the situation, it seems hopeless. BUT GOD says different.

 

HE has me focus on the true and mighty solution, namely JESUS. When the world spits out new hatred and fights one another, JESUS says to us “Have faith, I have overcome the world.” Placing my faith in JESUS does not mean I am out of touch, it simply means I have hope. I am glad JESUS gave me the COMFORTER so I can rest.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about “depending on the Law?”
  • Have you ever self-examined what you place your dependence on?
  • Will you reduce your control, fears and doubts enough so you can add trust, faith and belief in JESUS today so you can rest from trying to be “perfect?”

No comments:

Post a Comment