Monday, February 7, 2022

Approval

Approval

Galatians 1:I am surprised at you! In no time at all you are deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ, and are accepting another gospel. Actually, there is no “other gospel,” but I say this because there are some people who are upsetting you and trying to change the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to hell! We have said it before, and now I say it again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel that is different from the one you accepted, may he be condemned to hell!

 

10 Does this sound as if I am trying to win human approval? No indeed! What I want is God's approval! Am I trying to be popular with people? If I were still trying to do so, I would not be a servant of Christ.

 

============

 

Even after being humiliated by ridicule, I still wanted to fit in. The “in crowd” seemed to have it so easy. “Maybe it will be easier to just be like them.” I thought to myself. I started listening to things that I knew in my heart was wrong, but “everyone else was doing it.”

 

  • I felt like a misfit.
  • I felt as though I had no place.
  • I felt like I was broken and needed to be fixed to be acceptable.

 

Difficult messages were not uncommon for Paul. He spoke sharply against the smooth talkers who said what people wanted to hear. The people had turned away from following JESUS and towards another “gospel” of salvation.  Not once was JESUS mentioned as necessary, but their current solution was spoken above HIS name. Paul sharply condemns those who unknowing speak against CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • Approval from GOD is the highest priority for me.
  • Being a servant of CHRIST is necessary for my relationship with HIM.
  • Seeking GOD’s wonderful message of love through the death, burial and resurrection of JESUS is unpopular, yet is the path HE desires for me.

 

Winning human approval has come at a cost to me. I mean, the times I went with the “in crowd” that was near me, I blatantly did things GOD said was wrong to do. Then when the hardships of life came, I had nothing to place my hope in. BUT GOD was graceful to give me chance after chance.

 

HE picked me up when I was down and showed me HE loves me even in the middle of my sin. This everlasting love is one I cling onto. It feeds me when life’s circumstances get tough. I gladly will remain in the Gospel of JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer upset about?
  • What approval have you sought and later found out you did not need that sort of approval?
  • Will you seek GOD’s approval as a servant of CHRIST and validate your actions through HIS word and be led by the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment