Friday, February 4, 2022

Set Free

Set Free

Galatians 1: From Paul, whose call to be an apostle did not come from human beings or by human means, but from Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from death. All the believers who are here join me in sending greetings to the churches of Galatia:

 

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

In order to set us free from this present evil age, Christ gave himself for our sins, in obedience to the will of our God and Father. To God be the glory forever and ever! Amen.

 

============

 

“Read the Bible” were the words I did not accept or want to hear. I felt I had fallen too far away from GOD and it seemed like there was no path to return. But the pleasure of sin was no longer working. It was a path to a “dead” end.

 

  • I was tired of being a goody, goody so I tried sin and it felt good for a while.
  • I soon found out that more things went wrong than right when I followed my own thinking.
  • I felt even more lost and had no place to turn.

 

Paul writes a letter to the church of Galatia. He opens the letter with greeting of hope. He wants everyone to have “grace” and “peace” that only comes from the HEAVENLY FATHER and the LORD JESUS CHRIST. He knew the people were in bondage to sin.

 

My Observations

  • Extreme circumstances seems to make two paths for me, one towards GOD and one away from HIM.
  • GOD loves when I choose the right path back to HIM.
  • Since the evil of this age is so easy to fall into, GOD made a way out that I never would have chosen, namely JESUS, who is my Savior.

 

Thousands of years ago, the times were labeled as “evil.” But what if the times are getting worse? I mean, what if hope in GOD is disappearing and placed on the waning pursuits of humans? It would seem hopeless and I would turn from one sin to the next trying to be “happy.”

 

Then when I looked at a true follower of JESUS, I would see that he or she was not shaken by the evil times. “What made them keep going?” I asked myself. I surrendered my life back to JESUS and little by little I started to see. HE did not take situations away from me, but protected me through them. I was then set free from the sin I easily fell into. I am grateful for being forgiven.

 

Challenge

  • What do you get from the writer’s greeting?
  • What action do you see that is needed from you in this passage?
  • Will you accept the fact that JESUS took care of all problems you will face and you do not have to “try harder” to please HIM, but simply believe HE gave HIMSELF for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment