Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Shared Power

Shared Power

2 Corinthians 13: This is now the third time that I am coming to visit you. “Any accusation must be upheld by the evidence of two or more witnesses”—as the scripture says. I want to tell those of you who have sinned in the past, and all the others; I said it before during my second visit to you, but I will say it again now that I am away: the next time I come nobody will escape punishment. You will have all the proof you want that Christ speaks through me. When he deals with you, he is not weak; instead, he shows his power among you. For even though it was in weakness that he was put to death on the cross, it is by God's power that he lives. In union with him we also are weak; but in our relations with you we shall share God's power in his life.

 

============

 

“Oooo, I’m telling!” were the words of dread from another kid’s mouth. My teasing had turned into vicious put downs, causing him to go and tell on me. Now I was in trouble!

 

  • I dreaded having to face consequence.
  • I only wanted to be forgiven without needing to endure any penalties.
  • I was mad at being told on.

 

Paul clarifies that he doesn’t want twisted stories. Specific sin needed to have two or more witnesses. The sin needed to be clear and not manufactured by one and planted into others. Paul was given the power to cast out demons and do other miraculous things. He shared in the power of JESUS and wanted to be careful when dealing with blatant sin.

 

My Observations

  • GOD gave HIS SON to us so we can share in the power that raised HIM from the dead.
  • GOD allowed me to be saved and forgiven of all my sins.
  • GOD allows other people to bring consequence on me when I blatantly sin against him or her.

 

Forgiveness is wonderful. I mean, all my sins are forgiven?! Wow! BUT GOD doesn’t like sin, not even the smallest. One bite of a piece of fruit took humanity down. That sin doesn’t compare to all the ones I ever committed.

 

GOD does forgive, and HE protects people. HE sees when I do wrong to others and allows consequence to fall on me. I do not like consequence but I understand when GOD wants me corrected. HE also give me the power to restore those who repent. I am glad HE corrects and restores me.

 

Challenge

  • Do you feel the writer’s passion?
  • What would you do in his situation?
  • Do you feel good when someone gets punished?
  • Will you seek restoration instead of punishment and allow GOD to own any vengeance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment