Monday, January 31, 2022

Ready for the Return

 

Ready for the Return

2 Corinthians 12: 19 Perhaps you think that all along we have been trying to defend ourselves before you. No! We speak as Christ would have us speak in the presence of God, and everything we do, dear friends, is done to help you. 20 I am afraid that when I get there I will find you different from what I would like you to be and you will find me different from what you would like me to be. I am afraid that I will find quarreling and jealousy, hot tempers and selfishness, insults and gossip, pride and disorder. 21 I am afraid that the next time I come my God will humiliate me in your presence, and I shall weep over many who sinned in the past and have not repented of the immoral things they have done—their lust and their sexual sins.

 

============

 

When the teacher stepped out, it was our chance to get up and act silly. It looked like fun. And for so long, I had never participated in the foolery. This time I decided to join in. Unaware of time, I was caught when the teacher returned; meanwhile the others dashed to their desks.

 

  • I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to be doing.
  • I got caught in the act.
  • I could not say anything because I was guilty.

 

Paul spoke about his impending third trip. He mentions that he is afraid of what he will find when he gets there. While He had taught what was right, he was afraid the people had chosen not to follow GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • One day JESUS will return and wants to catch me doing HIS will.
  • One day JESUS will return and desires to see me following HIS ways.
  • One day JESUS will return and will judge my actions according to HIS standards.

 

Believing in JESUS as the Savior also means believing that HE will return one day with all power. Not even JESUS knows when HE will return, only the HEAVENLY FATHGER. While JESUS has forgiven me of all my sins, past present and future, it does not give me the license to wildly indulge.

 

Sin distracts me. It makes me doubt GOD loves me and I question HIS love. No wonder Satan tries to tempt me. BUT GOD knows where I am. HE provides the strength to follow HIS ways and to seek the imminent return of JESUS. I am grateful so I choose to follow JESUS this day.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever been tempted to sin a little?
  • What part of the writer’s list do you see that may be a bit convicting?
  • Will you increase your fear of the LORD by desiring to please HIM and follow HIS ways little by little, knowing you will never be perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment