Friday, January 28, 2022

Mislabeled

Mislabeled

2 Corinthians 12: 16 You will agree, then, that I was not a burden to you. But someone will say that I was tricky, and trapped you with lies. 17 How? Did I take advantage of you through any of the messengers I sent? 18 I begged Titus to go, and I sent the other believer with him. Would you say that Titus took advantage of you? Do not he and I act from the very same motives and behave in the same way?

 

============

 

After working extremely hard I overheard someone say that I was not a “hard worker” as that guy over there. This statement was very confusing. I had done similar quantities of work with the same quality. This angered me so I spent my time trying to prove them wrong!

 

  • I felt I was mislabeled.
  • I wanted to get rid of the label because I was now insecure.
  • I thought I had something to prove or needed to act different even though I was doing what I was supposed to do.

 

Paul addressed divisiveness. Some people saw the obvious servanthood he brought, while others labeled him a liar. This angered Paul and he had to address the murmurs of those who wanted to say he took advantage of the people.

 

My Observations

  • GOD says to me “You will be hated by all for MY name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.”
  • GOD says to me “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for MY sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
  • GOD says to me “And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”

 

Following what GOD says is not easy. I mean, HIS message of true love is met with opposition at every turn. JESUS died for all humans. All we have to do is believe that we need a Savior. Sounds simple. But this simple message is twisted by people who want financial gain or power.

 

They steal the message in hopes to gain power or influence. Mentioning JESUS name is sacred and is to be used to invoke a display of a relationship of surrender. Those who choose to not believe in HIS power may mention HIS name in vain and maybe even use persecuting labels to get their way. I am grateful JESUS makes me secure and allows me to abide in HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Do you sense the hurt and disappointment from the writer?
  • Have you ever been mislabeled, devalued or brushed off?
  • If you are living for CHRIST, do you expect to be persecuted by those who are not living for HIM?
  • Will you persevere through the mislabels and allow GOD to draw who HE pleases to HIM in HIS way and HIS timing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment