Friday, January 21, 2022

Powerful Powerlessness

Powerful Powerlessness

2 Corinthians 11: 30 If I must boast, I will boast about things that show how weak I am. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus—blessed be his name forever!—knows that I am not lying. 32 When I was in Damascus, the governor under King Aretas placed guards at the city gates to arrest me. 33 But I was let down in a basket through an opening in the wall and escaped from him.

 

============

 

Feeling powerless was old, so I decided to do something about it. I was tired of being pushed around by bullies. I joined a gym and started lifting weights. The stronger I got, the more I noticed how large the bullies were. One bully wanted me to join him to fight other bullies in a bar.

 

  • I thought strength was the answer.
  • I thought power was something worthy of attaining.
  • I thought “I” could protect myself if I just got stronger.

 

Paul says something the world disagrees with. He boasts about being weak. He then gave an example of how the rich and powerful wanted to stop him from speaking about the King of kings, namely JESUS. Though powerless, he was protected from harm.

 

My Observations

  • My weakest times are when I am most powerful in GOD’s eyes.
  • Admitting “I cannot do this alone and I need GOD to handle this” is the most powerful statement I can say.
  • Asking GOD for HIS will to be done is more powerful than trying to manipulate HIM to do “my” bidding.

 

Yielding to GOD is extremely powerful. I mean, when I want something so bad, that I worry about it and lay awake thinking about it, I get frustrated, confused and maybe even a little doubtful. But there is a way to approach the chaos that seems to leave me powerless. Let GOD handle it HIS way.

 

GOD has a purpose for me and for those who believe in HIS SON. The enemy wants me to think the circumstance is helpless. BUT GOD’s power is the ultimate power and HE is in control. HE owns every minute and every circumstance must go before HIM for HIS approval. I am glad I can say “YOUR will be done” and HE shows HE cares

 

Challenge

  • Why did the writer choose this example?
  • What examples of weakness that brings power can you think of?
  • Will you let GOD handle your current situation and admit you need HIM for protection, guidance, strength and love today?

 

In loving memory of Mr. and Mrs. Farley and Mr. Davis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment