Thursday, January 27, 2022

Pseudo Parent

Pseudo Parent

2 Corinthians 12: 14 This is now the third time that I am ready to come to visit you—and I will not make any demands on you. It is you I want, not your money. After all, children should not have to provide for their parents, but parents should provide for their children. 15 I will be glad to spend all I have, and myself as well, in order to help you. Will you love me less because I love you so much?

 

============

 

“Come in and have some dinner” were the words I delighted ti hear. Many households invited me in to eat with them in the community I grew up. What was it about these people who took time out of their busy lives to help us kids? They did it from their heart.

 

  • I was blessed to have many pseudo parents who cared for me.
  • I was blessed to be watched over by those who had hearts large enough to care for others.
  • I was blessed to have so many people who would take me places, feed me, and mostly teach me how to grow up.

 

Pau was about to visit. He explained that he was not coming there for their money. This may have been a selfish concern on their part that he wanted to ease. Instead, he was being a pseudo parent and wanted to show his love.

 

My Observations

  • GOD doesn’t mind if I remain a child.
  • GOD wants me to grow up to love others the way I can.
  • GOD wants me to understand the purpose of having the HOLY SPIRIT live inside me is to stretch my heart to fit others.

 

When life is all about me, my words sound different. I mean, I have more complaints than solutions when I am a child. BUT GOD wants me to grow up and point others to HIM as the only solution to life’s problems.

 

HE allows fiery trials in my life to burn away the things that do not belong. HE then opens my eyes to other people HE wants me to reach. HE provides enough for me and her or him as I encounter each person. I am glad I have had great parents and pseudo parents to grow me in many ways.

 

Challenge

  • Do you feel the care of the writer?
  • Have you ever been tempted to speak about GOD only for money?
  • Will you allow the HOLY SPIRIT to stretch your heart to fit other people and serve them so they can believe in JESUS in a saving way today?

No comments:

Post a Comment