Monday, January 17, 2022

Value Proposition

Value Proposition

2 Corinthians 11: I did not charge you a thing when I preached the Good News of God to you; I humbled myself in order to make you important. Was that wrong of me? While I was working among you, I was paid by other churches. I was robbing them, so to speak, in order to help you. And during the time I was with you I did not bother you for help when I needed money; the believers who came from Macedonia brought me everything I needed. As in the past, so in the future: I will never be a burden to you! 10 By Christ's truth in me, I promise that this boast of mine will not be silenced anywhere in all of Achaia. 11 Do I say this because I don't love you? God knows I love you!

 

============

 

“Would you like to buy some candy?’ were the dreaded words I heard from my boss. “It’s for a good cause” was the explanation. I dug into my pocket and bought a candy bar with the money I had planned for lunch. “I guess this is part of the game to get ahead” I thought to myself.

 

  • I gave even though I did not value what I was giving to.
  • I supported something because I valued my job and comfort.
  • I added this cause to the list of many others I was being pulled into.

 

Paul speaks about this group not being charged for his services. He spoke to them, spent time with them and taught them something extremely valuable, namely the truth of CHRIST. But he did it for free. He brought this to their attention, not to guilt them, but to have them value what they got.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to value HIS servants.
  • GOD wants me to support those who speak on HIS behalf.
  • GOD wants me to understand the need to spread the Gospel everywhere.

 

Telling people about the Great news of JESUS is the most valuable thing a person can do. I mean, giving up the world’s pursuits to speak about JESUS is a huge step that the world’s structures fight against. Obstacles are placed in front of those who are determined to live for CHRIST.

 

“What will they eat?” or “Where will they stay?” are a couple of questions that come to mind. But in these days of many causes, supporting someone to speak about JESUS becomes noise. I have to make a choice at some point and support those who speak on HIS behalf or be the one who needs support to speak on HIS behalf. I am glad GOD has provided many people to support me as I was sent out to speak about JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What value proposition is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever gotten so overloaded with the world’s bills and structures that you could not see yourself giving money to those who speak on CHRIST’s behalf?
  • Have you ever thought that maybe it’s you who need the support to speak on HIS behalf and need to pray about accepting HIS calling on your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment