Friday, January 7, 2022

Powerful Weapons

Powerful Weapons

2 Corinthians 10: I, Paul, make a personal appeal to you—I who am said to be meek and mild when I am with you, but harsh with you when I am away. By the gentleness and kindness of Christ I beg you not to force me to be harsh when I come; for I am sure I can deal harshly with those who say that we act from worldly motives. It is true that we live in the world, but we do not fight from worldly motives. The weapons we use in our fight are not the world's weapons but God's powerful weapons, which we use to destroy strongholds. We destroy false arguments; we pull down every proud obstacle that is raised against the knowledge of God; we take every thought captive and make it obey Christ. And after you have proved your complete loyalty, we will be ready to punish any act of disloyalty.

 

============

 

Feeling worried about the impending news, we gathered in a conference room and spoke only about the potential layoffs. No work was being done. I felt quite helpless. One person walked in the room with a smile that was genuine.

 

At first we thought she was coming in to say she was told she had a job, or perhaps she was relieved to be let go. She said, “GOD has this.” We all felt better.

 

  • I looked to the world for answers.
  • I tried to mimic people who the world said was “successful.”
  • I valued bottom line figures over things I thought were weak.

 

Paul spoke about his approach to spreading the Gospel of JESUS. Some may have said his approach was weak because did not use manipulative words to gain trust in groups as the world would do. He could have replied harshly, but he recognized using GOD’s weapons would be more important.

 

My Observations

  • Strongholds will be torn down when I use GOD’s weapons.
  • False arguments will eventually reveal the truth when I use GOD’s weapons.
  • Proud obstacles that deter people from knowing CHRIST will be overcome when I use GOD’s weapons.

 

You mean to tell me I have to fight with love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness and self-control? These sound weak! I mean, what about using the world’s tactics that seem to work for famous people? GOD’s weapons are more powerful than the rich and powerful.

 

HE wants me to be genuine with my belief in HIM to solve every problem that may arise. I sometimes want to jump in with “my” plan and HE tells me to “be patient” because HE is building the faithful side in me. GOD knows my circumstances and provides abundantly. I am glad HIS weapons are at work when I cannot see them.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about the writer’s view on worldly motives and weapons?
  • Are you trying to fight strongholds, false arguments and proud obstacles using worldly tactics and feel you are losing?
  • Will you trade in the world’s weapons for more powerful weapons that only come from GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment