Monday, January 3, 2022

Ready and Willing

Ready and Willing

2 Corinthians 9: There is really no need for me to write you about the help being sent to God's people in Judea. I know that you are willing to help, and I have boasted of you to the people in Macedonia. “The believers in Achaia,” I said, “have been ready to help since last year.” Your eagerness has stirred up most of them. Now I am sending these believers, so that our boasting about you in this matter may not turn out to be empty words. But, just as I said, you will be ready with your help. 

 

============

 

It was time for the missions trip. We drove to the area and when we arrived I noticed a certain flag that represented hatred on a few of the houses. “I don’t know how effective I will be here” I thought to myself. That week we redid a broken down house. I had to pick the couple up who owned the house, so I prayed with them. I was glad to leave but I was also glad I went.

 

  • I was very concerned about being in an unwelcome place.
  • I questioned “Why me” instead of someone else being sent to this place of sneers.
  • I went, but did not go back.

 

Paul spoke about the willingness of many people who went to serve. He went through some very difficult times and knew those who were called to go and serve others for the LORD would face similar issues. He was excited to talk about their willingness to serve.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to be ready to speak about HIS SON to whoever HE sends me to.
  • GOD wants me to be willing to serve others to bring them to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be able to put my fears to the side to speak about JESUS in strange places.

 

Speaking about JESUS is not always comfortable. I mean, there are many settings where I can’t seem to bring up HIS name. GOD seems to want people who are willing to mention the love of JESUS in spite of criticism, or social conditions.

 

Politicians may try to steal the name of JESUS and people may even mention HIS name. BUT GOD stirs the heart of those who are HIS and sends them to spread the Good News about JESUS. It may not be comfortable, but I am willing to press forward to bring people back to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Do you see what the writer is excited about in this passage?
  • What help do you think the writer is speaking about?
  • What do you think the ultimate goal is when being sent?
  • Will you accept your calling to be sent by GOD to speak on behalf of JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment