Friday, January 14, 2022

You ARE Special

You ARE Special

2 Corinthians 11: I do not think that I am the least bit inferior to those very special so-called “apostles” of yours! Perhaps I am an amateur in speaking, but certainly not in knowledge; we have made this clear to you at all times and in all conditions.

 

============

 

Feeling inadequate had become the norm. I was ridiculed for every aspect of my being. From the clothes I wore, to my hair, to the size of my body to the color of my skin, someone had something negative to say. On the other hand, special people who crowds flocked to seemed to have it easy.

 

  • I did not feel special.
  • I felt quite unwanted.
  • I doubted I could do or say anything right.

 

Paul focuses in on a mistake the people made when they accepted professional speakers who called themselves “apostles” but were preaching a different spirit. They may have drawn more attention to themselves versus JESUS. These people were eloquent speakers while Paul, on the other hand, had a direct encounter with JESUS. He was called to teach about JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS is the only one who is worthy to be pointed to.
  • GOD made me special to reach only a certain group of people HE sends me to or sent to me.
  • GOD wants me to get out of HIS way by placing HIM in the spotlight.

 

Being special and feeling special seem like two very different things. I mean the world would say a common worker or a person without a home is not special. In fact, these people are often overlooked and even worse, looked down on. But they are special to GOD.

 

GOD sees those who devalue your abilities and tears down any tactic people make to attempt to make themselves “special” in human’s eyes. GOD made you and me special for HIS purpose. HE adores when HIS name is mentioned over our own. HE was excited when HE made each person and gave each a special gift. I am glad HE loves when I use the gifts HE gave me for HIS purpose.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer saying about inferiority?
  • What gifts has GOD given you?
  • Have you ever felt inferior or inadequate?
  • Will you accept JESUS’ power and grace as being sufficient so you can fulfill the special purpose HE has for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment