Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real

2 Corinthians 11: 12 I will go on doing what I am doing now, in order to keep those other “apostles” from having any reason for boasting and saying that they work in the same way that we do. 13 Those men are not true apostles—they are false apostles, who lie about their work and disguise themselves to look like real apostles of Christ. 14 Well, no wonder! Even Satan can disguise himself to look like an angel of light! 15 So it is no great thing if his servants disguise themselves to look like servants of righteousness. In the end they will get exactly what their actions deserve.

 

============

 

Looking at the “mistakes” my peers made in other departments gave me a way to mention how “good” my department was doing. Competition was fierce over getting budget and I felt the pressure to survive. One day an issue did arise in my area. Suddenly, I was being scrutinized instead of praised.

 

  • I was busy looking at someone else’s problems.
  • I was focused on what other people were doing and not paying attention to what I was supposed to do.
  • I was insecure about me so I took attention off of me and put it on someone else.

 

Paul said a mouthful when he wrote the words “I will go on doing what I am doing.” Instead of spending time telling people about every detail of how the false apostles were disguising themselves to look like angels of light, he had to do what GOD called him to do so he would not fall.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to focus my attention on my relationship with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to see that I am the one who needs salvation, direction and encouragement.
  • GOD wants me to be true to HIS word.

 

Keeping it real with GOD is important. I mean, HE does not want to hear “but he” or “but she” from me. HE may ask me “How did you respond in the situation?” or “Did you use the weapons of love and patience I gave you?” The only response I can say to HIM is “No.”

 

BUT HE gives me many other chances to grow up and try out HIS valuable weapons. He also wants me prepared for daily attacks from the enemy’s attacks. HE gives me truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation and the HIS word as my daily protection. I am glad JESUS forgives my mistakes and gives me another chance each day.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about the war between “good” and “evil” in this passage?
  • Do you think you are responsible for fighting false messages said by others?
  • Have you ever messed up and needed grace?
  • Will you seek a solid relationship with JESUS and make HIM LORD of your life so you can have a “real” abundant life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment