Thursday, January 13, 2022

Seeing Beyond Distractions

Seeing Beyond Distractions

2 Corinthians 11: I wish you would tolerate me, even when I am a bit foolish. Please do! I am jealous for you, just as God is; you are like a pure virgin whom I have promised in marriage to one man only, Christ himself. I am afraid that your minds will be corrupted and that you will abandon your full and pure devotion to Christ—in the same way that Eve was deceived by the snake's clever lies. For you gladly tolerate anyone who comes to you and preaches a different Jesus, not the one we preached; and you accept a spirit and a gospel completely different from the Spirit and the gospel you received from us!

 

============

 

“Why is he talking to me?” I thought to myself as the playground thug stopped me to ask very random questions. I was taking a different route home I usually did not take. He was being oddly nice for a change. Other thugs, who were within sight, began to giggle.

 

I expected being pushed or punched so I braced myself. After the brief conversation, they walked away. Someone said to me, “They were practicing picking your pocket. Didn’t you feel the guy rummaging through your coat?” I did not.

 

  • When I get distracted I can be deceived.
  • I was too busy looking at the problem to see the deception.
  • Instead of staying on the path home, I went to a place where I let the deception happen.

 

Paul tried to soften the blow that people were being deceived into believing a false gospel of salvation. He was afraid that their minds would be corrupted and the pure devotion to CHRIST would be abandoned in trade of another lesser spirit.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to remain focused on JESUS as the only way to salvation.
  • GOD wants me to accept the promise HE has for me, to be with me for eternity.
  • GOD wants me to remain devoted to CHRIST as my Savior.

 

Distractions are in abundance these days. I mean anyone could raise up a cause and speak boldly about it and be justified in what is being said. BUT GOD wants me to surrender my life to the one and only truth, namely JESUS.

 

When I can name a human or a group of humans as having “the answer” I fall prey to being distracted from the purpose GOD created me for. I lose sight that I am here for one reason, that is to be pleasing to GOD. I then try to make GOD bow down to my path and decisions BUT HE laughs at the attempt. I am glad JESUS saved me from myself and those who try to steal GOD’s title of being the MOST HIGH.

 

Challenge

  • Do you feel the concern of the writer?
  • What do you notice about the mind in this passage?
  • Will you look beyond the distractions of your circumstances and be led by the HOLY SPIRIT, who was sent by JESUS to live inside those who believe in HIM as the one and only true Savior today?

No comments:

Post a Comment