Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Strange Reliability

Strange Reliability

2 Corinthians 8: 22 So we are sending our brother with them; we have tested him many times and found him always very eager to help. And now that he has so much confidence in you, he is all the more eager to help. 23 As for Titus, he is my partner and works with me to help you; as for the other brothers who are going with him, they represent the churches and bring glory to Christ. 24 Show your love to them, so that all the churches will be sure of it and know that we are right in boasting about you.

 

============

 

“Sorry I am late, I had car troubles” were the words of a volunteer I overheard. She was determined to help and would not let any obstacle ruin her service to those in need. On the other hand, when things were not going my way, I wanted to quit.

 

  • I wondered what made her keep going.
  • I pondered what it was about her situation that made her persevere.
  • I looked at my situation and thought, “maybe I can keep going too.”

 

Paul writes about several people who were called to serve over and over. These people were “tested” to be reliable when it came to serving GOD’s people. They were so eager in their service, they noticed the excitement of others. Their reliability was strange.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to be eager to help HIS people.
  • GOD wants me to place my confidence in other people who serve GOD with fervor.
  • GOD wants me to give my interests, skills and talent to HIM so HE can use them to bring other people back to HIM.

 

Bringing glory to CHRIST seems difficult at times. I mean, when I accepted JESUS as my Savior, I expected things to go smoothly all of my life. BUT GOD saw different. HE knew I would face difficult days where I felt like giving up.

 

GOD’s grace is truly sufficient. Without it, I would not be here. HE is the one who deserves attention and calls people to be reliable to HIS purpose. Each day HE wants people to get back up when they are knocked down by the world. I am glad GOD has called many to be reliable in HIS sight.

 

Challenge

  • What examples of reliability have you seen in your life?
  • Do you feel the excitement the writer states about people?
  • What is your life’s purpose?
  • Will you surrender your life to GOD so HE can entrust HIS purpose to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment