Monday, December 6, 2021

Servant Leadership

Servant Leadership

2 Corinthians 6: We do not want anyone to find fault with our work, so we try not to put obstacles in anyone's way. Instead, in everything we do we show that we are God's servants by patiently enduring troubles, hardships, and difficulties. We have been beaten, jailed, and mobbed; we have been overworked and have gone without sleep or food. By our purity, knowledge, patience, and kindness we have shown ourselves to be God's servants—by the Holy Spirit, by our true love, by our message of truth, and by the power of God. We have righteousness as our weapon, both to attack and to defend ourselves.

 

============

 

Tired of bullies and being a goody, goody, I decided to get into body building. This way I could be attractive and be ready to fight. The bigger I got, the more I realized there was always a bully who was bigger and stronger than me. I was preparing to fight the wrong battle.

 

  • I wanted to overcome frustrations by venting or fighting.
  • I wanted to fulfil my lusts.
  • I wanted to be seen as a strong leader based on the world’s definition.

 

Paul describes a life that is less desirable to many. It is a life dedicated to GOD’s service. He mentions that he was beaten, jailed, mobbed, sleepless and starving all for the sake of being a servant of GOD.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to patiently endure troubles, hardships and difficulties.
  • GOD wants me to focus on purity, knowledge, patience and kindness to be HIS example.
  • GOD wants me to show the love of the HOLY SPIRIT with the message of truth.

 

Being a pushover is not where GOD wants me. I mean, HE doesn’t want me gullible or unwise. HE knows the ways of the world require that I understand it, but not follow it. GOD’s kingdom is the only kingdom worth building.

 

HE loves when I surrender parts of my life solely for HIS purpose. HE then gives me HIS righteousness to attack injustice with peace and fight bullying, whether passive or overt, with love and truth. I gladly take on being a servant of GOD so HE may bring many back to HIS kingdom.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever viewed your hardship, difficulty or trouble as the ministry GOD wants you to use as your ministry?
  • What do you notice about what the writer went through?
  • As a child, were you ever scared to do something so you asked an adult to help you?
  • Will you be that adult to someone and share how GOD is keeping your trial today?

No comments:

Post a Comment