Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Encouragement

Encouragement

2Corinthians 7: Even after we arrived in Macedonia, we did not have any rest. There were troubles everywhere, quarrels with others, fears in our hearts. But God, who encourages the downhearted, encouraged us with the coming of Titus. It was not only his coming that cheered us, but also his report of how you encouraged him. He told us how much you want to see me, how sorry you are, how ready you are to defend me; and so I am even happier now.

 

============

 

When bad news came, it seemed to arrive in waves. People were dying or getting sick, arguments were popping up over little things and a feeling of being unsettled was in the air. “What is going on!?” I wondered to myself.

 

  • I have felt unsettled many times.
  • I have seen troubled people in many places.
  • I have been worried, scared and full of fear on many occasions.

 

Paul spoke about unrest. He wrote about troubles, quarrels and the biggest problem, fear that goes all the way down into the heart. There seemed like no relief was in site. The he wrote something amazing… “BUT GOD.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees the calamities I go through and encourages me during the problem.
  • GOD knows I will get downhearted and sends the right people at the right time to encourage me.
  • GOD feels my pain and anguish and wants me to be encouraged to keep going.

 

Serving GOD ain’t easy. I did say “ain’t.” I mean, when I believed that JESUS was and is the Savior who was raised from the dead, I became eter5nally saved. I wanted to tell other people. But I did not know there would be an adversary who wanted me to remain silent. Each victory of overcoming fear felt like it was met with a larger problem or a bigger fear.

 

At times I felt like giving up and conforming to the world. BUT GOD sent me people who encouraged me to keep going. HE wanted HIS SON to be spoken of by me and many others. HE lifted me up like a surefooted deer. I am grateful GOD thinks enough about me to encourage me when I am downhearted.

 

Challenge

  • Do you feel the pain the writer was going through?
  • What pain have you felt, or are feeling, that has or is bringing you down?
  • Do you know you are special and GOD wants you to remain encouraged because only you can reach the people HE wants you to reach?
  • Will you encourage someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment