Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Finish the Job

Finish the Job

2 Corinthians 8: 10 My opinion is that it is better for you to finish now what you began last year. You were the first, not only to act, but also to be willing to act. 11 On with it, then, and finish the job! Be as eager to finish it as you were to plan it, and do it with what you now have. 12 If you are eager to give, God will accept your gift on the basis of what you have to give, not on what you don't have.

 

============

 

“I will try to do that” or “I will get around to it” were words I used regularly to put off work or projects. Sometimes I did not know how to do the thing so it became overwhelming and I did not know how to ask for help. I would sit, dazed, not knowing how to finish.

 

  • I was eager to start, but did not know how to keep going.
  • I had great intentions, but did not have follow through.
  • I had wonderful plans but lacked completion.

 

Paul hits everyone between the eyes with a bold statement, “Finish the job!” Wow! These words were meant to encourage those who had started a long journey, serving the LORD. Somehow they became discouraged and some may have fallen away. BUT GOD had different plans.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to persevere through ambiguous or dark times.
  • GOD wants me to come out of hiding when I feel like I failed.
  • GOD wants me to live my life with purpose and finish the job HE has given me.

 

“I will try” is the procrastinator’s credo. I mean, I sometimes don’t know how to change directions or even know if I should. And when I find the thing I am supposed to do, I may start strong, but get weary, even if GOD told me to do something important.

 

Let me say, “GOD understands.” He wants us to take little steps to the bigger vision HE has for us. HE never gives us an assignment we cannot handle. HE choses to use broken people to speak about perfection, namely JESUS. I am glad GOD wants me to finish strong by speaking about HIS SON, JESUS, who is my Savior.

 

Challenge

  • What do you get out of the writers challenging words?
  • Is there something you started that you have been putting off?
  • Have you ever felt overwhelmed and did not know how to finish what you started?
  • Will you live your life with GOD’s purpose and allow HIM to provide you with the right resources, words and energy to finish what HE wants you to do for HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment