Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Voluntary Open Heart Surgery

Voluntary Open Heart Surgery

2 Corinthians 6: 11 Dear friends in Corinth! We have spoken frankly to you; we have opened our hearts wide. 12 It is not we who have closed our hearts to you; it is you who have closed your hearts to us. 13 I speak now as though you were my children: show us the same feelings that we have for you. Open your hearts wide!

 

============

 

At one point, I would do anything it took for this particular organization. I would arrive early and leave late. All day long I focused on their needs, shunning precious time with family and most of all, GOD time. But one day the leaders of the organization changed for the worse as blame and insults became the norm. It was no longer the same place of merit and honor. My heart wasn’t into it as much.

 

  • My hurt heart was closing.
  • My eyes were opened to the blindness of “success.”
  • My feelings toward giving my all had changed.

 

Paul warns the people to open their hearts wide. His emphatic appeal was probably prompted by the dull reactions to the message he and others had provided through the words GOD placed in their hearts. He could see the people as they turned their hearts away from valuing the message that JESUS is LORD.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me keep my heart open to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to let the HOLY SPIRIT in my heart so HE can make room for others.
  • GOD wants me to appeal to others to voluntarily open their heart to JESUS so HE will send the COMFORTER to live in their heart.

 

“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?” is what GOD said to one of the prophets to tell everyone. Since the heart is capable of hurting others or being hurt, it is easy for me to close it when I perceive the world around me is going to make things worse.

 

BUT GOD sends people to me that HE wants me to trust. Their message, while mixed with their sin, comes from HIM. GOD uses imperfect people like me to spread HIS perfect message of true love. I gladly open my heart to the HOLY SPIRIT and speak with flaws, but from the heart.

 

Challenge

  • What is the warning that comes from the writer?
  • Have you ever practiced closing your heart so often that you do not know what it looks like to have an open heart?
  • Why does the writer look at the group as his children?
  • Will you open your heart, knowing the HOLY SPIRIT will enter it and protect you from harm, especially from those who intentionally try to poison hearts today?

No comments:

Post a Comment