Thursday, December 9, 2021

Decision Making

Decision Making

2 Corinthians 6: 14 Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together? 15 How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 How can God's temple come to terms with pagan idols? For we are the temple of the living God! As God himself has said,

 

“I will make my home with my people
    and live among them;
I will be their God,
    and they shall be my people.”
17 And so the Lord says,
“You must leave them
    and separate yourselves from them.
Have nothing to do with what is unclean,
    and I will accept you.
18 I will be your father,
    and you shall be my sons and daughters,
    says the Lord Almighty.”

 

============

 

Seeking advice from my colleagues seemed to be the right thing to do. When I asked them questions about how to live life, they had some great answers, or so I thought. Once, they suggested I sneak away from work to get drunk. Other times they would say, “just lie” or “borrow it from the store.” “Okay” was my reply. But something had to change.

 

  • I was headed down a dark path.
  • I was tired of trying to follow rules that did not seem to get me “ahead” in life.
  • I stepped away from following GOD so I could do what “I” wanted to do.

 

Paul says something quite harsh. He warns the believers of JESUS not to be influenced by those who do not seek HIM as their Savior. He is not saying believers are perfect, rather their decision making goes through a different filter.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to make decisions with the best information I have, namely HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to test my decisions by asking believers for prayer, guidance and inspiration.
  • GOD wants me to believe in JESUS and live for HIM so I can make decisions based on a life that inspires others to do the same.

 

Political thieves and power hungry people have sought to steal the precious name of JESUS. I mean, there are many complaints of the use of the word “Christian” because it is coupled with intolerance, impatience, ignorance and insulting behavior. Yes, I have done all the above. BUT GOD still wants me to speak on HIS behalf by learning about HIS love and aligning the message to HIM.

 

HE uses imperfect people to speak about JESUS, who was and is perfection. We cannot separate ourselves out of the world. Huddling around a bunch of people who look and act the same seems dangerous. GOD wants me to be in the world but not influenced by it. HE provides others who seek HIS face to encourage me and guide me. I am glad HE has many who follow HIM in all walks of life.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about the urgency of the writers words?
  • What suggestions do you have for someone who is trying to make decisions?
  • Will you seek a group of imperfect people who believe in JESUS as their Savior, to help you in your decision making or to help others live for HIM today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment