Thursday, December 16, 2021

Dependable Devotion

 Dependable Devotion

2 Corinthians 7: 12 So, even though I wrote that letter, it was not because of the one who did wrong or the one who was wronged. Instead, I wrote it to make plain to you, in God's sight, how deep your devotion to us really is. 13 That is why we were encouraged.

 

Not only were we encouraged; how happy Titus made us with his happiness over the way in which all of you helped to cheer him up! 14 I did boast of you to him, and you have not disappointed me. We have always spoken the truth to you, and in the same way the boast we made to Titus has proved true. 15 And so his love for you grows stronger, as he remembers how all of you were ready to obey his instructions, how you welcomed him with fear and trembling. 16 How happy I am that I can depend on you completely!

 

============

 

“Are you okay?” were the strange words from a guy from a church I had not attended in years. I can’t remember if I was okay or not. I was touched that he reached out to check on me after so many years. We caught up and I left the conversation encouraged.

 

  • I can’t remember the trouble of that time but I remember the encouragement.
  • I can’t remember what problem I was going through but I remember the devotion.
  • I can’t remember if things were going well or wrong but I remember the dependability.

 

Paul seems very excited about those who prayed for him and sincerely wanted him to keep spreading the valuable word of JESUS’ resurrection. This group was so devoted, they treated Paul’s friend Titus with love.

 

My Observations

  • GOD cares enough about me to send devoted people to me in my need.
  • GOD sees the troubles I go through and sends dependable people to comfort me.
  • GOD knows when I need encouragement and surrounds me with people who care about my servanthood to CHRIST.

 

Devotion to CHRIST is the love or enthusiasm shown to others because of HIM. I mean, many people are nice and there are causes that seem quite noble on the surface. BUT GOD has many people who are devoted to speak about HIS SON at a moments notice.

 

Their light is not hidden, rather it radiates in all they do. GOD has sent me many people who thoroughly bless me and others as they rise above complaints to provide encouragement. I am grateful for those who have been dependable and devoted to CHRIST. They taught me a lot.

 

Challenge

  • Can you imagine a group of people who are always dependable to encourage you?
  • What did the writer see in this crowd of people?
  • Do you need encouragement but cannot see the dependable crowd?
  • Will you be encouraged by this note and know you are special to GOD and HE sees you and loves you more than you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment