Friday, December 3, 2021

Hour of Thanks

Hour of Thanks

2 Corinthians 6: In our work together with God, then, we beg you who have received God's grace not to let it be wasted. Hear what God says:

 

“When the time came for me to show you favor,
    I heard you;
when the day arrived for me to save you,
    I helped you.”

 

Listen! This is the hour to receive God's favor; today is the day to be saved!

 

============

 

“Say thank you” were the words I did not want to hear. The server did not know I had dropped my drink, causing me embarrassment. The food was free and it was a celebration but I was distracted because I drew attention to my mistake.

 

  • When I am worried or sad I forget about thankfulness.
  • When I am angry or frustrated I do not feel thankful.
  • When I am misguided, misinformed, embarrassed or sinning, being thankful seems to be the furthest thing from my mind.

 

Paul quotes what GOD told Isaiah to write. He mentions that GOD, in HS time, answered HIS promise and brought salvation. This very hour is the time to be thankful and accept HIS wonderful gift.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to recognize what HE has done for me.
  • GOD wants me to look beyond current circumstances to see just how much HE loves me.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful this moment, instead of waiting for the perfect time.

 

“If then” statements can cause problems with my relationship with GOD. I mean, when I doubt that GOD loves me I may use “If then” statements like “If GOD loves people so much then why do people suffer/” My blindness does not recognize that the enemy is not GOD, rather Satan, who wants to blind me of GOD’s grace.

 

GOD’s grace is not to be wasted. No matter what is going on in my life, HE is always showing incredible grace. The HOLY SPIRIT opens my eyes to HIS grace in the middle of the storm. I am glad I can find peace that surpasses understanding by saying “Thank YOU LORD!”

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer mean by not letting GOD’s grace be wasted?
  • When calamity is striking, will you remember thankfulness as a weapon to fight it?
  • Have you received the very valuable gift of GOD’s salvation through JESUS and thanked HIM for HIS favor and help?

No comments:

Post a Comment