Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Becoming an Unstoppable Force

Becoming an Unstoppable Force

2 Corinthians 6: We are honored and disgraced; we are insulted and praised. We are treated as liars, yet we speak the truth; as unknown, yet we are known by all; as though we were dead, but, as you see, we live on. Although punished, we are not killed; 10 although saddened, we are always glad; we seem poor, but we make many people rich; we seem to have nothing, yet we really possess everything.


============

 

Walking into the meeting it felt surreal. For years, I had worked hard and done everything by the book, yet I found myself on my way out. Someone said an obvious lie about me that everyone disputed immediately. While I was protected by many, I was confused. “Why do liars seem to get their way?” I asked.

 

  • I felt weak and hopeless.
  • I felt like giving up because no matter how much right I did, those who did wrong seemed to win.
  • I felt that those who abuse power could disgrace, or insult or punish me at will.

 

Paul gave a “real” discussion. He put it out there that following GOD would sometimes be hard. He did not hold anything back. He spoke about people who would label the followers of GOD as a disgrace, liars, and unknowns who deserve punishment. BUT GOD saw something different.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to honor people who spread HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to praise those who follow JESUS as their Savior.
  • GOD wants me to look past being unknown and help those who are treated as dead to live on.

 

The world labels people who follow JESUS as weak, insignificant, unimpressive, intolerant, and sometimes uncaring. Unfortunately, many times this is true. BUT GOD sees things differently. HE knew believers in HIS SON would be persecuted.

 

In fact, JESUS said “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” HE knew HE would be lied on, slandered, abused and murdered. BUT HE kept going to live out HIS purpose. The main reason for trouble is to get believers to quit. Little does the enemy know, trouble strengthens. I am glad GOD picks me up when I fall.

 

Challenge

  • What do you identify with in this passage?
  • Have you ever been lied on or insulted or disgraced because of your relationship with GOD?
  • Will you look beyond the pain for a moment to help someone become that unstoppable force who will follow JESUS at all costs?

No comments:

Post a Comment