Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Friendship Tool

Friendship Tool

2 Corinthians 5: 16 No longer, then, do we judge anyone by human standards. Even if at one time we judged Christ according to human standards, we no longer do so. 17 Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come. 18 All this is done by God, who through Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the task of making others his friends also. 19 Our message is that God was making all human beings his friends through Christ God did not keep an account of their sins, and he has given us the message which tells how he makes them his friends.

 

============

 

Forming friendships was not as easy as it seemed. I did not like people who ridiculed me, so at that time, I did not like many people. One friend, who I have known since kindergarten, looked beyond the items of ridicule and introduced me to other people who I call my friends to this very day.

 

  • I was accepted with my flaws.
  • I was not judged by human standards.
  • I was stretched to learn to like others I would not have normally gravitated to.

 

Paul uses a strange word when describing a pursuit of GOD. He used the term “friend..” At one point we were HIS enemy, but through CHRIST, we become HIS friend.

 

My Observations

  • GOD accepted me with all my sinful flaws.
  • GOD did not keep account of my sins because I accepted JESUS as my Savior.
  • GOD has given me the message to explain how to become HIS friend through CHRIST.

 

Being a friend to people is important to GOD, but in a different way. I mean, HE wants me to have a real relationship with HIM and enjoy HIS company enough to want to share HIM with other people. My earthly friends wanted to share friendship with people, so does GOD.

 

HE gives me an important message that all sins have been forgiven through JESUS and the relationship is totally healed by believing in the need to be forgiven by HIM. I gladly tell how to make friends with GOD, because HE showed HIS love to me.

 

Challenge

  • Do you see the genuine friendship expressed by the writer?
  • What does it mean to be an enemy of GOD?
  • What friendships have you formed over the years?
  • Will you accept the highest form of friendship by believing in JESUS so HE can give you purpose to make others a friend of GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment